I have to say that Travel Photography is ONE of my favorite way to express my photographic needs, is so rich in so many aspects that you just can’t stop shooting when traveling. In order for me to tell the history, yes you have to tell the history behind your trip!, I putted together a little list, exactly 10 Point check list!, to wrap everything and return back home with better travel photos, let me show you:
- Start Establishing your Location: This photo tells the viewer exactly where you are; nothing ambiguous, but your viewers will know exactly where you been,
- I create an Overview: From high or from far, will tell you about the place,
- Take Night Views: Landscapes at dusk, city lights, the city at night by itself will talk to you, is amazing,
- Locate Famous Landmarks: OK, just imaging going to NY and not getting a photo of the Flat Iron Building!,
- Capture Events, Parades, Festivals: If you plan your travel in advanced this point will came handy, try to plan your trip with in the middle of local events,
- Capture Local Daily Life: The most important point in my list, in my opinion! show the world what people in this place do, the manners, you will add a very personal touch to your photography,
- Look for Local Oddities: Another way to tell the history,
- Let’s talk about Street Scenes: A very important point, this one will show details in the architecture of your destination,
- Capture Street Furniture and Details: Going from the wide details to the minimum, this details will put magic in your photos, and….
- Go to the Market: There’s always a market somewhere!, in my travels to Cuba I have to say that always try to go to the Market, is a magic place.
Here some examples:
Well guys, hope you enjoy my little system, now apply to your next trip and let me know how it was!
Note: Photos taken with Nikon D300/D700 using Sigma Lenses on Lexar UDMA Professional Digital Film